AffiGEL® Matrix for Organoid culture, Phenol Red-Free, LDEV-Free
- Equivalent: 356255 | Corning® Matrigel® Matrix for Organoid Culture, Phenol Red-free, LDEV-free
- Matrix type: Organoid-specific
- Application: Basement membrane matrix for Organoid Culture
AffiGEL® Matrix Gel for Organoid Culture is a solubilized basement membrane preparation that has been optimized for organoid culture. Verified to support both mouse and human organoid growth and differentiation from healthy and/or diseased tissue, each lot has a specific elastic modulus value indicating the stiffness of the gel formed and is qualified to form stable 3D domes commonly used in organoid culture protocols. Available in 10mL LDEV-free, Phenol Red-free format.
AffiGEL® Matrix Gel for Organoid culture is extracted from the Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) mouse sarcoma, a tumor rich in extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins, including Laminin (a major component), Collagen IV, heparan sulfate proteoglycans, entactin/nidogen, and a number of growth factors.
- Tested for ability to form and maintain stable 3D domes/droplets on multi-well plates.
- Elastic Modulus (matrix stiffness) measured using a rheometer.
- Protein concentrations determined by Lowry method
- Mouse colonies routinely screened for pathogens via Mouse Antibody Production (MAP) testing
- Extensive PCR testing is performed to screen for a number of pathogens
- Tested and found negative for bacteria, fungi, and mycoplasma
- Endotoxin units measured by Limulus Amoebocyte Lysate assay
- Matrigel Matrix gel stability is tested for a period of 14 days at 37°C