We are seeking talented and driven research scientists to join Affigen, a venture funded biotech startup based in Austin, TX. Affigen develops biologic therapeutics that target cell lineage-specific markers, with the goal of achieving an unprecedented degree of specificity, safety and efficacy in the treatment of cancer. These therapeutics represent the world’s first mass-personalized, highly-targeted anti-tumor drugs (monoclonal antibodies and cell therapies) initially targeting incurable B-cell lymphomas. Medium- and long-term applications include autoimmune diseases and solid tumor (mutanome) targets. The ideal candidates are hands-on, independent, flexible, data-driven, and quick to adapt to rapidly moving priorities in a dynamic startup environment.
Rank-equivalent to assistant professor positions in academic setting, the Senior Cancer Immunotherapy Scientist will lead and oversee early phase in vivo studies leading up to Affigen’s preclinical- and clinical-phase development. Responsibilities may include, but not limit to: custom cell line development and evaluation, xenograft model development and evaluation, proof-of-concept animal study design, data analysis and reporting, grant writing, regulatory submissions and academic publication. The Senior Cancer Immunotherapy Scientist is expected to take ownership of Affigen’s early phase animal studies and supporting R&D activities including test article generation and analytical development. A successful candidate for this position will be self-directed, goal-oriented, and able to juggle multiple R&D, regulatory and business priorities while maintaining focus on study quality and long-term success of the therapeutic program.
- MD and/or PhD in biomedical sciences, immunology or other relevant scientific disciplines, with stellar publication track record in immuno-oncology and hematology
- 6+ years of direct research or work experience in immunology or oncology-related fields. Pharmaceutical industry experience is an asset but not required
- Demonstrable expertise in xenograft and NSG mouse models
- Experience with phage display and phage library screening highly desirable
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent leadership, collaborative and creative abilities; familiarity with early phase drug development
- Working knowledge of DoE and GLP paradigms
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills; experience with R and/or Latex preferred
- Experience with monoclonal antibody and derivative therapeutic modalities preferred
- Proven track record in grant writing strongly preferred
Working for Affigen
Affigen offers a fast-paced, well-funded startup environment with significant growth opportunities. We offer competitive pay and a robust benefit package, and are based in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Affigen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.